Now Hiring: House Manager / Personal Assistant
Are you oddly organized? A master of multi-tasking? A dog-lover?
Hi! I’m Alex, and I am looking for a passionate, organized, and detail-oriented House Manager / Personal Assistant to assist me with my day-to-day household and admin tasks.
This role is for you if you have experience in either House Management and/or Personal Assisting, are a self-led badass who takes initiative and have a talent for handling various tasks with ease.
You are quick on your feet and often know what is needed before it’s asked. You love optimizing, organizing, supporting and operating to the highest standards and are excited to nurture and care for my house and dog as if they were your own!
You must be located in Vancouver to apply for this role. You’ll work from my home office in Vancouver 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning for 2-3 hours). Hourly wage: $25/hour.
The Job Itself:
- Organization/labeling/filing as needed
- Regularly take my dog, Tater, out for walks/play ball in the park.
- Run errands such as dry cleaning, groceries, post office, buying fresh flowers, returning clothes etc.
- Book appointments / reservations
- House/dog sit when out of town (i.e. occasionally stay at our place in the guest bedroom).
- Place online orders
- Create packing lists
- Basic home tasks (load/empty dishwasher, water plants, minor tidying, clean out the fridge) *Note we have a cleaner so it’s just maintenance, not full cleaning needed
- Breakdown and take out recycling
- Water front yard (in Summer)
- Support with packing for trips (getting suitcase ready, etc)
- Unpacking from trips
- Restock household supplies (TP, paper towels, soaps, laundry detergent, dish soap)
- Anything else needed to bring the home back into balance
- Supporting with party planning (I.e. communicating with chef, bartender, stocking alcohol, groceries, etc)
- Purchasing/ordering gifts
- Sending birthday cards
- Receiving packages
- Meal prep, make smoothies, coffee and lunch.
- Other tasks as needed
- Must love dogs (like LOVE dogs)
- Must be open to staying at my home for up to a week to dog sit (2-3 times/year)
- Must have access to vehicle
- Must be local (Vancouver – preferably close to Downtown/South Granville)
- Must have 1-3 years experience as a house manager, personal assistant, or something equivalent (caring for your own family or household counts)
- You’re not afraid to ask questions and reach out when you need help
- You love to multitask and do it well
- You almost get a sick pleasure out of organization and order
- You may think you are OCD – that’s celebrated here
- You love to turn chaos into structure, make lists and create processes
- You are a people person and have no problem speaking to, working with others and asking questions
- You can anticipate problems and seeks solutions to save time and ease processes
- You are known to be a bit “high maintenance” because you hold yourself and others to high standards
- You have an “I’ll figure it out attitude” and love to problem solve
How to apply:
Fill out this form by October 20, 2022
About Alex Cattoni
Alex Cattoni is the Founder of the Copy Posse. Since 2011, she has launched several successful brands and has proudly partnered with many of the hottest transformational brands and businesses on the planet, writing high-converting sales copy, scaling multi-million dollar brands, and crafting iconic promotional campaigns.
Today, she’s on a mission to mobilize the raddest, baddest crew of authentic copywriters with a passion for creating community, credibility and conversions with nothing but powerful and precise wording.
Through her weekly YouTube videos, Alex helps copywriters, aspiring copywriters and entrepreneurs learn, write and ignite their businesses with words that work.